Situated in the heart of the West Pentire Headland, sandwiched between the unspoiled beaches of Crantock and Porth "Polly" Joke, the Bowgie Inn Pub is the perfect location in which to unwind after exploring the beautiful, natural surroundings. It's a short stroll from the Bowgie to the coastal path that takes you on a circular walk of the headland, passing both beaches. On route you will taste the wild Atlantic Ocean, watch seabirds at play and wander through poppy and rape seeded fields. Or you can take the short path to Crantock beach where kids of all ages can play in the rock pools or laze on the dune backed golden sands. It's the perfect coastal walk pub.
Perhaps the most important date in the yearly calendar is The Bowgie's Ale & Cider Festival held every year on the August Bank Holiday weekend, in aid of Cornwall Hospice Care. All proceeds from Festival merchandise, souvenirs, competitions, games and face-painting are donated, as well as 50p from every pint sold over the four days. Their position on West Pentire headland overlooking Crantock beach is transformed every year into a mini-festival site with live music from bands and musicians, with previous years seeing Newquay Rowing Club Singers, Pop Cornwall, Higher Ground, Black Velvet, Country Mark, Cool as ****, Andy Marshall Crooner, and Big Sets to name just some.
The famous' Bowgie', which is Cornish for ‘cowshed', is one of Cornwall's best loved local pubs a 'Taste of the West Member' serving great pub food and drink using Cornish produce including local Ales and is a great live music pub venue for local bands. Plus with all major sporting events shown on 72 inch screens, The Bowgie Inn will not disappoint.
The Bowgie is a 'Taste of the West Member' and Silver 'Dining Pub' Award winner, catering for all tastes and appetites, offering a traditional English menu, incorporating homemade dishes using prime ingredients and Cornish produce whenever possible. You can select from a varied menu complemented by a well chosen wine list and of course a great selection of ales and beers. Sit outside on a sunny day and enjoy the views, or curl up in front of the real log fires in the interior.
With several dining and drinking areas the Bowgie is a big place with lots to offer. Open All Year. The Bar is open Daily from 11am serving drinks including Teas, Coffees, Luxury Hot Chocolate, Syrup and Liqueur Coffees, Soft Drinks, Cornish Ales, Wines, Spirits, Ciders (including Mulled!), Draught Beers and Lager. If you’re looking for Cornish food and drink, The Bowgie offers the very best of what’s available, striving to support as many local food and drink producers as possible to help showcase Cornwall in all its culinary glory. St Austell Brewery, Skinner’s, Healey’s Cyder, Aval Dor Vodka, Cornish Lust Liqueur, Camel Valley wines, Keltek Beers, Cornish Orchards, Tarquin’s Gin and Rebel Brewery are some of The Bowgie’s local suppliers.
Lunches served until 3pm in the week and evening meals from 5pm. Food served all day at weekends! Thursday is Jam Night, Saturday is Steak Night and on Sunday it’s all about the Roast Dinners (Vegetarian Option also available!)
With regular live music and various events, check out The Bowgie’s website for What’s On! Every last Thursday of the month is Jam Night with Cool As ****.
The Bowgie Inn has giant 70” screens showing ALL the sports fixtures, including Wimbledon, Horse-racing, Tennis, Athletics, Formula 1, MotoGP and Boxing.
Map & Directions
From the Newquay to Redruth road (A3075) Follow signs for Crantock. Do not turn down the hill to the village but continue along Halwyn Road following signs for West Pentire and The Bowgie. You wont miss us, all in pink, as the road leads into our large car park!
- Outdoor Play Area
- Al fresco dining - Large out door dining area - heated sun deck and lawn over looking Crantock Beach
- In countryside - Between Newquay and Perranporth in the rural area of Crantock village, set amidst National Trust and Private farm land
- Seafront - On the Cornish Coastal Path, overlooking Crantock Beach and the Gannel Estuary
- Unique venue
- Guide dogs permitted - Strictly ONLY Guide Dogs permitted inside the building. All dogs welcome in the outside areas
- Toilets for disabled visitors - There are disabled toilets available. However access into the building is currently assisted access for wheelchair users as there are 2 steps.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children are welcom in most areas of the pub, but must be under parental supervision at all times
- Baby changing facilities - Baby Changing facilities are available in the ladies toilets
- Children's menu - A selection of Meals for children up to the age of around 10 years old including nuggets and fish fingers etc
- Highchair - We have 10 high chairs available, please ask if you can't find one and the staff will bring you one
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Large car park which is close to the beach
- Bar - Bar is open daily from 11am. We also have a late license for functions and private bookings.
- Cater for vegetarians - Our Cook is a vegetarian and we always have a good selection of vegetarian dishes
- Licensed - Fully Stocked bar
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal - Evening Meals served from 6-9pm-ish Daily
- Serve lunch - Lunch is served daily from 11am-2pm and on Sundays we serve Roast Lunches All Day
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions - We cater for wedding Receptions during the "off season"
- Conference facilities
- Groups accepted
- Licenced for alcohol
- Live music
- Open all year
- Real log/coal fires - During the winter we always have a roaring fire in the Pig Sty Bar
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2017 - Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open All Year. Bar Open Daily From 11am serving Drinks including Teas, coffees, Hot Chocolate, Soft Drinks, Cornish Ales, Wines, Spirits and Draught Beers and Lager. Serving Lunch from 11am-2.30pm and Evening Meals from 6-9pm.